The Gift of Having to Live Gluten-free
[May is Celiac Awareness Month, and I’m giving away copies of my ecookbooklet: So What CAN You Eat? Gluten-free Paleo Vegan (mostly) Recipes for Health and Weight Loss, to all who join the mailing list. Visit the homepage here.
19 fast, easy recipes!]
1) I'm cooking most of my own food, so I know what goes into it
2) I'm more likely to just get a salad (with dressing on the side) when I eat at a restaurant that doesn't have a gluten-free menu, helping me meet my weight management goals
3) I can't succumb to the temptation of workplace pizza or doughnuts when they appear
4) I'm more mindful of the nutritients and calories I'm putting into my body
5) I've gotten to experiment with new foods and have found some new things to add to my list of favorites, and they are healthy (Beets! Brussels sprouts!)
6) I've befriended nutritional yeast as a replacement for some of the B vitamins I lost with enriched carbs, and I LOVE it!
7) I've come up with new ways to prepare vegetables and make them satisfying as the MAIN dish
8) I've begun using condiments in interesting ways (yellow mustard on broccoli is delicious!)
9) Nuts and beans are great protein sources, AND they make good dips, spreads and hummuses (or is that hummi?)
10) (This should be number 1!) I generally feel so much better and have so much more energy!
What gifts have you found from having to live gluten-free?
5/15/2012 06:56:04 am
I know I only recently discovered your blog, but I certainly appreciate it. I wish I had all this information, ideas, recipes, and recommendations when we first discovered my husband's diagnosis. Therefore, I am giving you the One Lovely Blogger Award! You can find out more on my site www.cakesbykat.wordpress.com
5/15/2012 02:13:48 pm
Kat, what a great compliment! I'm sorry you didn't have an easier time at the outset of your husband's gluten-free journey. I bet you have been able to create some delicious gluten-free baked goods for his enjoyment! I'd love to hear the whole story.
Comments are closed.